Localization Project Manager
Since 2001, we showcase, localize and distribute the movies and TV shows the world wants to see. All powered by awesomeness. We help Hollywood studios, global broadcasters, online retailers and independent distributors reach audiences everywhere. Securely and efficiently. We combine our world-class cloud technology with amazing client teams in the UK and US, some of the most talented in-territory translators in the industry and a growing network of trusted local partners - to deliver awesome results for our clients.
You’ll find us in the entertainment centers of LA and London and the digital hub of Sheffield. https://www.zoodigital.com
We are currently looking for a Localization Project Manager.
The Localization Project Manager is a member of the Subtitling Team and is responsible for the coordination of all subtitling projects. This includes managing the translation and translation quality control for all subtitling projects within the business.
The Localization Project Manager serves as a liaison between ZOO, its clients and translators and is responsible for facilitating the workflow with internal and external resources from project start to completion.
The goal of the Localization Project Manager is to complete all assigned projects on time, within project scope, while maintaining highest level of client satisfaction.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Creating translation schedules and assigning projects for translation to translators and quality controllers, troubleshooting, providing translators and internal teams with support throughout the life of a project.
- Create workorders and assign new orders to translators and quality controllers.
- Create and manage project schedules for translators and quality controllers.
- Select suitable freelance translators according to their skill set and rates.
- Ensure project budget is adhered to by selecting appropriate resources.
- Manage all assigned projects, ensuring that all tasks and projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Provide support to freelance translators on all project related items including: Making informed creative decisions, answering general translation or style guide related questions, rearranging schedules and deadlines when needed, providing training on the use of our internal tools.
- Troubleshoot issues that arises throughout the life of the project.
- Coordinate with internal departments to accomplish project completion to scope.
- Ensure that all project specifications and style guides are adhered to by providing all relevant information to translators and quality controllers. Coordinating and staying on top of any updates or revisions and distributing that information as required to translators and quality controllers.
- Liaise with internal clients, team members, translators, and quality controllers regarding any project related updates throughout the project, ensuring that translators and internal teams are kept informed about all relevant updates.
- Complete additional administrative duties as needed, which includes but are not limited to: Completing necessary forms, spreadsheets and trackers, updating and managing dates using our internal workflow management system, assisting in new translator set ups, maintaining and updating our translator database, creating internal work-orders and managing translator and quality controllers purchase orders.
- Manage the translation capacity of all assigned languages by periodically inquiring with existing translators about their availability and capacity and updating database and relevant spreadsheets accordingly.
- Manage translators’ performance and provide training and feedback, as necessary, to ensure highest standard.
- Coordinate with external vendors and clients as needed.
- Successfully managing the balance between quality, profitability and customer service.
- Perform related tasks as necessary and as assigned by department manager.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or 2+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Modern language degree preferre
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Firefox, Chrome Internet software; Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Salary range $20-$25/hour
Medical, Dental, Vision
STD, LTD, Life Insurance
Membership Discount at Bay Clubs