Global Content Operations, Strategy
In 2019, The Walt Disney Company launched Disney+, a Disney-branded streaming service featuring an incomparable collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world. The Direct-To-Consumer (DTC) service will serve as the exclusive home for viewing original movies, series, short-form, and more, along with a vibrant catalog that spans classic Disney Animation to the most recent movie releases.
We’re looking for talented team-players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer experience through strategic hard-work and determination.
This position will be part of the Disney+ Originals Team within the Global Content Operations organization. You will be responsible for end to end, title level project management for all Disney+ Originals. Through excellent communication and organization, you will ensure that titles are properly set up, configured, and that all teams are delivering their required assets on time and error-free to support the launch of all Originals on the Disney+ platform. You will be highly collaborative, have a keen eye for innovation, and be consistently motivated to solve the challenges that come with launching content on a global platform.
- Oversee Original title launches from end to end. While other teams will be delivering assets and completing tasks to support the launch, you will be responsible for ensuring all titles launch on time, as expected. You and your team will be the main point of contact for all operational matters regarding the title once production has delivered their content
- Set up titles in our internal systems so that our internal partners are aware of scope and requirements.
- Track asset deliverables and readiness through the complete supply chain, including, but not limited to, metadata, rights, artwork, localization, and avails
- Coordinate across multiple teams to verify that milestones have been completed on time and communicate any challenges/risks to senior management
- Maintain the timelines of the launch and mitigate risk by being proactive and collaborating with our internal and external partners to ensure the health of a title
- Effectively communicate project and title level updates cross-functionally and with our internal and external partners
- Collaborate with our solution teams to define tool requirements and enhancements to help scale our workflows
- Perform gap and root cause analysis of existing workflows, recommend, and lead action plans that will improve our video publishing processes and delivery workflows
- Create best practices documentation to educate internal and external teams on how to best launch titles on Disney+
- Work on ad-hoc projects as needed
- 2-5 years managing complex projects, preferably with a media distribution company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Strong project management skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- The ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact to the business
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve asset quality and production pipelines for Disney+ Originals
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.