Dubbing Producer -Mexico City
This position is based in Mexico City and reports to the Dubbing Manager. This position will be charged with managing various dubbing projects for SDI Media USA including but not limited to; voice over and lip-sync dubbing, editing, mixing and other localization services for entertainment and multimedia clients.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review production schedules and estimate work hours needed for completion of job assignments.
- Create and adjust work schedules and procedures to align with production schedules.
- Communicate with various resources; including but not limited to coordinating:
- Schedule creation of ARS when needed.
- Schedule translation of synopsis, loglines and title sheets when needed.
- Start and end dates of the recording and post‐production phases to assure timely delivery of the project.
- Schedule creation of M&E report when needed.
- Schedule songs; lyricist, director, recording, when needed.
- Schedule translators and translator QCer.
- Schedule directors.
- Schedule recording, retakes / pick-ups, engineers, and third-party resources (engineers and/or studios).
- Schedule post-production (editing, mixing, QCer).
- Schedule Star Talent; National / International, and EPK (behind the scenes) when needed.
- Revise schedule according to client requests, production needs, established priorities, and availability or capability of staff or equipment.
- Review work materials.
- Track and control money spent in production and post‐production processes.
- Review client instructions, track and update creative guidelines and instructions for each project.
- Seek casting approval from the client prior to commencing work.
- Send work material to translator and directors.
- Follow up on reported issues once a resolution is found (arreglos).
- Follow up on integrations.
- Follow up on deliverables including (OST, KN&P, Synopsis, as recorded & loglines).
- Issue PO’s and invoices to external resources including; directors, translators, external recording and mixing rooms, and as recorded projects.
- Track key milestones to ensure smooth production and communicate any changes to Account Representative(s).
- Work closely with local audio engineering team to monitor capacity and determine outsourcing needs for overflow.
- Assist team member on their projects, if needed.
- Verify special production instructions have been followed by all parties.
- Analyse and resolve work problems including assisting others in solving work problems when needed.
- Consult with department supervisors to determine progress of work and to provide information on changes affecting efficiency and quality of production.
- Learn and utilize SDI proprietary software; Atlas and EDMS.
- Ensure Company security practices and policies are strictly followed.
- Perform general administration duties as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Must be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Good technical understanding
- Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Ability to manage ambiguity and make decisions
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Ability to manage up and to manage differing priorities and personalities
- Good time management skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Highly attentive to detail as a core attribute
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience servicing customers and clients in a fast-paced environment required.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in Dubbing / Post Production desired.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel.
- Project management experience desired.
- Scheduling experience desired.