Chief Technology Officer
- Lead the company’s technology strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals, through identifying, comparing, selecting and implementing best of breed technology solutions and system architecture, to meet current and future needs, deliver operational efficiencies and provide competitive advantage.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure adherence; Monitor system infrastructure and workflows to ensure they’re functioning and working efficiently, 24/7; and develop and manage business continuity and disaster recovery plans in the event of a technological breach or other disaster.
- Track, analyze and monitor key technology performance metrics, and design and initiate changes to effect continual improvement and increase profits, and establish and manage departmental budget and P&L.
- Develop and manage processes to ensure client content; and company, staff, freelancer and supplier data is secure, in accordance with governmental and other standards; and manage technology audits.
- Provide direction, mentoring, motivation and support to Technology Dept. Managers, and track and measure performance, in order to meet department’s objectives. Ensure key projects are delivered to agreed budget and deadline.
- Collaborate with other Senior Leadership Team members to design and implement effective strategies to enable business to meet objectives; Clearly communicate technology strategy and status updates (against agreed timeline) to SLT and Board, using stakeholders feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments.
JOB LOCATION & LOGISTICS
Flexible working embraced as part of this role: Combination of working remotely, from HQ (Cranbrook, Kent), and/or central London shared workspace. Requirement to travel to within UK, Europe and USA sporadically for client meetings and trade shows. Full-time position.
- Proven experience as a CTO or similar technology leadership role
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree a plus
- Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy, ideally within the media & entertainment industry
- Strong business acumen, and extensive experience managing small and large budgets, thinking creative financially, business planning and project management
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Strong and confident leadership
- Clear and concise communication with team members and senior management
- Strategic thinking, analytical and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent understanding of cloud technologies, MAMs and AWS workflows,