Administrative Assistant Needed
1 month ago
Entertainment Globalization Association
The Administrative Assistant facilitates the efficient operation of the assigned department by performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks. This position will handle scheduling, planning and administrative tasks on behalf of the executives they support.
- May direct the work of clerical employees in lower job classifications.
- May assist in training newly hired assistants.
- Answers and transfers phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and clients.
- Maintains filing systems as assigned.
- Retrieves information as requested from records, email, minutes, and other related documents; prepares written summaries of data when needed.
- Responds to and resolves administrative inquiries and questions.
- Coordinates and schedules travel, meetings, and appointments for managers or supervisors.
- Prepares agendas and schedules for meetings.
- Records and distributes minutes or other records for meetings.
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Maintains a system for recording expenses and the use of petty cash.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Conducts light research via the internet and other resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient in Google Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Basic understanding of clerical procedures and systems such as recordkeeping and filing.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Two to five years of experience in an administrative role.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.